1. How are people kept happy in the new society?
2. What evils does the Controller say the brave new world has eliminated that used to exist in the past?
3. Why does Bernard feel different from the others? What do people attribute this to? Why does he feel a certain kinship to Watson?
4. What is a Solidarity Service? What is it supposed to accomplish?
5. What kind of attitudes does Bernard exhibit which distress Lenina? Why do they bother her?
6. What experience did the Director have while visiting the New Mexican Reservation years ago?
7. How are Bernard and Helmholtz alike?
8. What is a Solidarity Service?
9. Why is Bernard unable to feel the oneness with his group?
10. How does Bernard want to spend his dates with Lenina?
11. Why does the Director threaten to send Bernard to Iceland?