Be prepared to discuss the following questions on Thursday, May 16th.
1) What is the significance of the “Golden Country”? Why is it important to Winston?
2) What are the differences between Julia and Winston in their understanding of and relationship to the “Party”?
3) Why has the “party” gone to such tremendous effort to ensnare and trap Winston?
4) Why is it important for the “Party” to allow Winston to read the Goldstein book?
5) Explain why the relationship between Julia and Winston is so rebellious to the party. By controlling relationships, what does the “Party” hope to achieve?